Postdoc position in neurogenetics with emphasis on quantitative bio-imaging.
We address fundamental questions in the mechanisms of axonal wiring and the anatomy of the mouse olfactory system, using quantitative imaging approaches combined with histology tools.
We work with multiple imaging platforms to generate, process, and extract information from images of cells, tissue sections, and whole organs of genetically engineered mice.
Projects focus on using confocal microscopy, two-photon microscopy, serial two-photon tomography, and STED super resolution microscopy to understand the genetic basis of the development, organization, and function of the mouse olfactory system.
Opportunity to learn
- Advanced imaging modalities to study biological samples.
- Design and implementation of bio-image analysis workflows including data management, image analysis, and data mining.
- Computational imaging and analysis methods.
- Ph.D. degree in Biology (or related) or in Physics with a keen interest in biology.
- Highly motivated and driven.
- Able to conduct independent research with a proactive attitude.
- Proficient in English both written and oral. Knowledge of German is beneficial but not necessary.
- Able to work in an international team.
- Interested in working with laboratory mice.
- Preferably: experience with microscopy, image processing, and image analysis.
- Payment based on the TvÖD guidelines.
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge methods and state-of-the-art equipment.
- National and international collaborations.
- Opportunity to attend international conferences.
The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce, and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in areas where they are underrepresented, and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
Applications should include a CV, a list of publications (if applicable) and contact details of three referees who are familiar with the candidate. Please submit all materials in electronic form as a single PDF file via e-mail by 1 March 2018 to email@example.com